“From his abundance we have all received one gracious
blessing after another.” — John 1:16
We are a blessed people. This Advent season as we reflect on God’s goodness, it is fitting that we share God’s love with our sisters and brothers. As United Methodists, when we give, we empower radical change through our overflowing generosity. Together we can transform our communities and the world.
You have the opportunity to express God’s love by giving to Wesley’s “Giving Tuesday Collection.” We will begin collecting today and continue through Tuesday, November 29 when the church will donate our collection to UMC Giving Tuesday for all of us.
This Advent, join other United Methodists for UMC Giving Tuesday, as we give light, give love, and give life through The Advance. The Advance is a designated giving arm of The United Methodist Church that supports specific, approved mission programs and personnel around the world.
We’ve all heard of the shopping frenzy of “Black Friday” and “Cyber Monday.” “Giving Tuesday” is an opportunity for us to give back and to give thanks. This year, instead of the Alternative Christmas Market, Wesley will participate in UMC #GivingTuesday. Your contributions to the “Giving Tuesday Collection” will be divided among Advance Projects chosen by our Missions Committee:
- Africa University Farm Development #3021027
- Heifer International Living Gifts #982532
- United Methodist Committee On Relief Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Program #3020600
- United Methodist Committee On Relief United States Disaster Response #901670
One hundred percent of all giving to Advance Projects goes to the chosen mission project or ministry. Advance Projects work to fulfill both physical and spiritual needs through a variety of partnerships worldwide that have life-changing and long-lasting impact.
Ways to give . . .
- Online – go to Giving Tuesday, enter your donation amount in the Other Ministries section with “Giving Tuesday” in the required box
- Check – Make your check payable to Wesley UMC and write on the memo line “Giving Tuesday”
- Text – Text “$50 Tuesday” or any dollar amount to 309-822-4442
- Cash – Place your cash in an envelope marked “Giving Tuesday”