Wesley Bright Beginnings has been serving the community for 25 years and is one of the few programs in the community to provide preschool for toddlers. Registrations are currently being accepted for the 2013-2014 school year. Visit our website to learn more at www.wesleysbrightbeginnings.com and to access a registration form.
We also have openings in our summer camp class for 4, 5 and 6 year olds. The camp is scheduled for June 11, 12, 13, 18, 19 & 20th from 9:00 to 11:30. The theme for the first week is “All About Camping”. The theme for the second week is “Princesses, Pirates and Super Heroes”. The cost is $110 for all 6 sessions. Call now to reserve a spot for these fun-filled weeks. Call 827-8046 and ask for Peg Hayden.
Did you ever wonder what made toddlers so special? Everything is new to them and yet they want to try it all. They move with such delight from one thing to another, it’s a joy to behold. Gathering a room full of toddlers together just multiplies the fun!
What is it like to be a toddler? :
- curiosity seeking and full of wonder at the discovery of new things and new skills
- totally trusting of the adult present
- impulsive - “I want it now!”
- need comfort and reassurance
- new at sharing, taking turns, empathizing and being patient
Why is a preschool experience for toddlers beneficial?
- allows little ones to build on skills they already have
- prepares them for life away from home and family
- introduces the concept of cooperation
- provides the building blocks and skill development to become a “terrific two”
What will they do at preschool?
- listen to stories
- use their hands and creativity for crafts
- play interactive games to music with directed and free-form movement
- learn the social skills of dining together (snack time)
- take trips inside and outside the building to stimulate curiosity and interest (they love our quad strollers!!!)
- build their muscles by using them in new and different ways
What are the three greatest gifts our toddler program bestows on our children?
- social skills
- language development
Welcome to Wesley's Bright Beginnings Preschool!
Offering loving care and creative educational programs for children ages 1 year to 5 years
Serving families since 1988
We believe a love of learning starts early, so we encourage learning through play. WBB offers a safe, fun and nurturing environment with activities designed to develop skills that ultimately lead to success in the classroom.
Our children enjoy a mix of structured activities, free play, stories, drama, crafts and music provided by loving and dedicated teachers. Our goal is to encourage growth in the following key areas:
- Social Skills - Self-confidence, independence, group participation, following instructions, sharing, taking turns and manners
- Communication - Expressing clear ideas with classmates and adults, phonics and listening skills
- Reasoning - Thinking skills, decision making, problem solving and creativity
- Physical Development - Large and small motor skills, coordination and self-control
We'd love the opportunity to show you more. Stop by and see for yourself why our families love WBB!
CLASSES for 2012-2013: Children should be enrolled based on their age as of September 1st.
(Classes will be held only if adequate enrollment is received).
Toddler Room (12 mo - 23 mo) Mon & Wed, 9-11:30 * Please note schedule change
2's Classes: 2-Day Class, Tues & Thurs, 9-11:30
OR 3-Day Class, Tues, Wed & Thurs, 9-11:30
3's Classes: AM Tues, Wed & Thurs, 9-11:30 am
OR PM Tues, Wed & Thurs, 12:30-3:00 pm
4's Class: AM Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs, 9-11:30
OR PM Mon, Tues, Wed & Thurs, 12:30-3:00 pm