Wesley is looking for an Early Childhood Coordinator. This is a part-time position and has the primary responsibilities of coordinating childcare for Wesley church functions and overseeing the operation of the Early Childhood rooms (birth – five-year-olds) on Sunday mornings. Resumes and a letter of interest must be submitting to Myrna Simpson, email@example.com by May 10.
The Early Childhood Coordinator supports the Church’s mission, vision, and values as a spiritual leader and resource person for the needs of the Church involving the Early Childhood program.
The Early Childhood Coordinator has the responsibility of coordinating childcare for Wesley church functions and overseeing the operation of these Sunday morning Early Childhood rooms.
- Birth to 12 months
- 12-48 months
- 4 and 5-year-olds Children’s Church
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Early Childhood Coordinator will staff each of the Early Childhood rooms and will work as one of the caregivers for the 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 11:15 AM Sunday services, if necessary or will serve as a floater between the three rooms.
- Greet Early Childcare Room caregivers scheduled for each worship hour of 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 11:15 AM.
- Assist parents and visitors with the check-in process at check-in desk.
- Conduct orientation and training sessions for Sunday morning volunteers and Wednesday evening paid childcare workers.
- Oversee the care and maintenance of Early Childcare rooms.
Maintain and clean toys
Keep rooms well supplied. Make purchases when needed out of nursery budget.
Maintain attractive bulletin boards and update when necessary.
- Schedule caregivers for all local church, district, and conference events as requested.
Wednesday at Wesley
Work area meetings
- Keep a record of caregiver’s hours and complete pay request forms to be turned into the Church Business Manager.
- Periodically assist in updating the Church Child Protection Policy.
- Maintain Sunday morning attendance records and maintain the Childcare database.
- Plans and supervises the Early Childhood Program as part of Wesley Vacation Bible School week in conjunction with Director of Christian Education.
- Early Childhood Coordinator will maintain their CPR certification and make available CPR training class information for Early Childcare volunteers.
- Children’s Church- personally lead or supervise others in leading the two learning environments opposite our worship services designed for preschool and elementary children.
Qualifications/Skills, Abilities and Knowledge Requirements
- Enthusiasm, desire, energy, and stamina for working with children, youth, and adults.
- Effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with children and adults.
- Exhibit professional skills, appearance, and conduct.
- Exhibit good stewardship in the management and utilization of church Early Childhood Program
Not to exceed 15 hours per week including Sunday mornings.
Reports to: Director of Christian Education
Supervises: Volunteer and paid Early Childhood Care workers.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective execution of the position.